Ben Kirby with PreachersNSneakers: Prosperity Pastors, Celebrity Christians, and Mega Churches – Table Theology
Ben Kirby is the creator of PreachersNSneakers. What started out as a joke post on Instagram quickly became a hot topic in the Christian sphere. Ben posted a picture of a worship team and the shoes with the price tag of $800. Ben started questioning if this is the best way to do church. He wrote a book titled "PreacherNSneakers: Authenticity in an Age of For-Profit Faith and (Wannabe) Celebrities". He calls into question prosperity preachers that want to become celebrities with huge churches. Ben talks on the show today about pastors that are promoting themselves, political parties, and church brands rather than the gospel. LinksTo support us go to our PatreonTable Theology (Instagram, Facebook Here) PreachersNSneakers (Instagram and Book Here)
- Ben Kirby with PreachersNSneakers: Prosperity Pastors, Celebrity Christians, and Mega Churches
- Sean McDowell: What is Progressive Christianity?
- Alisa Childers: How the church should respond to church abuse and progressive Christianity?
- Phylicia Masonheimer: Where is the Young Church Going and Why?
- The New Apostolic Reformation Hersey